A valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), formerly the E111 form, gives you the right to access health care services when travelling to another EU or EEA country.For further information, contact your insurance carrier.
TRANSFER OF LIQUIDS IN HAND LUGGAGE
From 06/11/2006, new european regulations are applied to all EU airports, and restricts the quantities of liquid products you may carry on board but does not prohibit them completely.
More specific, you will be allowed to carry on board:
*Individual containers with a capacity not greater than 100 ml each. Total number of containers should fit in one transparent plastic bag of not more than one liter capacity.
*Liquids required for medical or dietary purposes, which are to be used during the trip.
*All liquid items bought from the airport shops after Boarding Card Control.
You may be required to dispose of any liquids, which do not meet the above requirements and terms of the new European Regulation.
Before your travel, you should make sure that you have the following valid travel documents for both the final destination and any stop-off points en route:
- Travelling to Greece : A national ID card or passport, if you are travelling in/inside Greece
- International Flights :
- A new national ID card or new type passport, if you are travelling to countries within European Union, in SCHENGEN area.
- A new type passport, if you are travelling to countries within European Union, non SCHENGEN area, or third countries.
Any person entering or leaving the EU (i.e. any traveller or crew member that enters or leaves the EU by air, road, rail or sea) and carrying cash of a value of €10,000 or more is required to declare that sum to the competent authorities of the Member State through which he/she is entering or leaving the EU.
Upon your Arrival at Athens Airport andbefore you exit the Baggage Reclaim Area, you must proceed to Customs Office for Currency Declaration.
In case of emergency call:
- Police: 100
- Ambulance service: 166
- Fire service: 199
- Duty hospitals and clinics: 1434
- European emergency number: 112
- Pharmacies: 1434
- Poisoning first aid: 210 77 93 777
- Tourism Police: 171